What is Azithromycin?
Azithromycin works by killing the bacteria, as it contains macrolide antibiotics.
How does Azithromycin work?
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease caused by bacteria. Azithromycin works by killing the bacteria, as it contains macrolide antibiotics.
What are the benefits of taking Azithromycin?
Despite the fact that Chlamydia can often have no symptoms, it’s important to be checked and treated quickly. When left untreated, the infection can spread and cause further inflammation, and sometimes can even lead to infertility.
Treating the infection with Azithromycin is quick and simple and prevents the infection from being spread to more people.
- Take TWO Azithromycin 500mg tablets (or 25ml of suspension) as a single dose for one day, then one 500mg tablet (or 12.5ml of suspension) orally once daily for two days.
- You should take Azithromycin as soon as possible after a positive chlamydia test by you or one of your sexual partners.
- Azithromycin tablets should be swallowed whole with plenty of water.
- Do not have sex for SEVEN days after treatment.
- Take a chlamydia test again after 14 days to ensure successful treatment.
Like all medicines, Azithromycin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects can include:
- Nausea & diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
Active ingredient: azithromycin 500mg.
croscarmellose sodium (E468), magnesium stearate (E572), silicium dioxide (E551), microcrystalline cellulose (E460), poloxamer, povidone (E1201), talc waterfree lactose.