What is Maloff protect?
Maloff Protect is an antimalarial with two active ingredients working in tandem: atovaquone, and proguanil hydrochloride. These ingredients have been found to work well together, with the latter making the former more effective.
How Maloff protect, effectively prevents malaria?
Though malaria is spread by mosquitoes, the actual culprits are the parasites transmitted through the mosquito bites — most commonly plasmodium falciparum. Both of the active ingredients in Maloff Protect act to kill the most common parasite and thus treat the disease — or, ideally, prevent it from being contracted altogether.
- Proguanil hydrochloride blocks the action of a compound that is found in the parasite
- Atovaquone interferes with the production of substances needed by the malarial parasites to reproduce
Take your first tablet 1-2 days before arriving at the malaria-affected area.
- Consume one tablet every day of the trip.
- Swallow each tablet (don’t crush or chew it).
- Take it alongside some food and/or a milky drink.
- If you vomit within an hour, take another tablet.
- Don’t double-down on a missed dose. Simply take it when you remember to, then return to your regular routine. Continue taking tablets for at least 7 days after leaving the area.
If you encounter any of these symptoms while taking Maloff Protect (and believe that you would not otherwise have suffered them, since wheezing isn’t uncommon in general), stop taking the tablets and find a doctor to review your situation.
Now we’ll look at the mild side effects:
- A headache.
- Nausea (and possibly vomiting).
- Stomach pain.
- A loss of appetite.
- A fever.
- A cough.
Active Ingredients atovaquone and proguanil hydrochloride, with each tablet containing 250 mg atovaquone and 100 mg proguanil hydrochloride.
The core also contains the following:
Poloxamer 188, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Low-substituted Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Povidone K30, Sodium Starch Glycolate Type A, Silica Colloidal anhydrous, Magnesium Stearate
And the tablet coating contains the following:
Hypromellose, Titanium Dioxide (E171), Iron Oxide Red (E172), Macrogol 400, Macrogol 8000